Friday, February 11, 2011

fix-it Friday #86




Hey everyone, I think this is the second fix-it Friday I have done. On the last one I used a lot of actions so this time I decided that I wouldn't use any. So that anyone who has access to Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw could edit this photo the same exact way. Okay here we go. 


This is the original photo by Rachel from Savor Photography
(Thanks Rachel!)

It's dark, dull, and I want to see more of her face so in the "Basic" tab of camera raw here's what I did. 


Basic
Exposure +0.70
Recovery +10
Fill Light +10
Blacks +5
Brightness +50
Contrast +40
Clarity +20

Then I used the crop tool and here's what we get.






Now the light is a bit intense and it's a little noisy so I switched over to the next tab "Tone Curve" and did the follow

Tone  Curve
Highlights -13
Lights -13
Darks +13
Shadows +13

Then I went to Noise Reduction under the "Detail" tab

Detail
Noise Reduction
Luminance 80
Luminance Detail 80

And here's what we get :)





Lookin pretty good but I want to polish it off a bit. To start the red in her hat has way too much contrast, so much that her hat doesn't have much detail. To fix this I used the adjustment brush that you can find along the top of the camera raw window.  (I wanted to make her eyes pop a little more so I used the adjustment brush for that too.)

Adjustment Brush 
Turned saturation to -18 and brushed over her hat 
Turned Sharpness to +40 and brushed over her eyes

Next I went into the "Effects" tab to add a slight vignette.

Effects
Post Crop Vignetting
Amount -25
Midpoint 50
Feather 50

And lastly I opened the image in photoshop to do one last thing, I used the healing brush tool to touch up a line under her left eye (your right), 3 small spots on her face and a small stain on her white shirt.

And we're done! Here is the finished product! :D



I hope you enjoyed my fix-it :) 
please feel free to give me any comments, pointers, or criticism. 

Thanks!
{BE}

No comments: